[l2h] In segmentation parts, how to create .png images or else BUT NOT .gif

Jacques B. Siboni jacsib at lutecium.org
Thu Feb 13 10:37:54 CET 2020

Hi folks

Here is the problem I encounter:

I need to change the image type, from .gif to something else.
Here is the reason why.

My l2h project has 2 segments:

1 -- A huge one which is the master, needing 5 to 10 minutes to convert.

2 -- A very small one which is the slave, taking 5 to 10 seconds to convert.
This part is in interaction with the client. It is a search tool and is
recompiled at each request. The slave need access to the master.

-- The master has 1000 images to be compiled.

-- The slave has usually 0 to ten images.

-- With the make provided on the example, when slave is recompiled the master is
as well recompiled (report..). Actually it needs not recompilation, as it is
fixed.

-- this is not acceptable, for the client cannot wait more than 5 or 10 seconds.

-- When recompiling solely the slave, all of the 1000 master images are moved to
.old, and the new ones are inserted as imgxxx.gif

-- I solved most of the problems by renaming some files and by canceling
&rename_image_files;

-- BUT I can't find how to create the new images as .png, or not to create them
at all. As if the type is different it won't overwrite the master ones.

I hope this is understandable, thanks in advance for your care

All the best

Jacques

--
Jacques B. Siboni mailto:jacsib at Lutecium.org
8 pass. Charles Albert, F75018 Paris, France