[l2h] non-integer calculations -- any way to do this?

bmassing at cs.trinity.edu bmassing at cs.trinity.edu
Fri Apr 5 00:47:59 CEST 2019

I have a set of macros I originally wrote only for LaTeX that
do some primitive calculations, calculating a runniing total
using LaTeX's counter mechanism.  At some point I started using
these macros with TeX source to be processed with latexh2ml.
They seem to work fine, but now I'd like to revise the macros to
support non-integer values for the running total.  It looks like
there are many options for doing this in LaTeX, but no surprise,
I'm not finding anything that latex2html can deal with properly.
So:

Can anyone think of a way to easily do this?  perhaps a
latex2html-friendly LaTeX package??  (This seems unlikely,
but might as well ask?)

If that's not feasible, I'm thinking that if I get really
determined I could try to tweak latex2html, but I can't figure
out where to start!  Documentation says it provides some
primitive support for plain-TeX commands such as \newdimen,
but I'm sure not finding anyplace in the source that does that.  ?

Or maybe there's some totally different approach I could use
instead?  pre-processing the source, post-processing the result .... ?

Suggestions appreciated!

-- blm

Dr. Berna L. Massingill
Associate Professor, Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place; San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
210-999-8138
bmassing at cs.trinity.edu