[l2h] images generated for math have black bar at bottom

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue Jan 9 02:48:01 CET 2018

On 1/8/2018 7:42 PM, Berna Massingill wrote:
> Subject kind of says it:  The images generated for inline math
> have a black bar across the bottom of each image file.  This is
> with the latest version of latex2html available from CTAN (file
> latex2html-2017.2.tar.gz).  The problem does not occur with a previous
> version (also from CTAN, file latex2html-2012.tgz).  I remember running
> into this problem at some point in the dim past and someone local to
> me coming up with a patch, but that patch has apparently been lost.
>
> I feel like this is a know problem and is discussed periodically,
> but I'm not finding previous discussions (very possibly because I
> don't know how to search for them effectively -- the list archives
> aren't searchable, are they?).
>
> Help appreciated!

 From https://www.12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/index.htm   it says
down the page under "Some errors and possible solution"

"some of the bitmap images produced for the mathematics
in the document have a solid dark bar, usually at the
bottom or the side of the bitmap image. The reason for
this is unknown. But I found by trial and error that
setting the following values in my l2hconf.pm eliminated
most if not all of these

   $MATH_SCALE_FACTOR = 1.8;
   $DISP_SCALE_FACTOR = 1.0;

Some mathematics equations are still underlined, even
after doing the above. I found this was the case when I
was using linux. If you still see the underlines, then
try the following: edit l2hconf.pm and set the value of DVIPSOPT as follows
            $DVIPSOPT = '-E' ;

"

You could try the above and see if it works for you.

--Nasser