[l2h] Error when using latex2html with option -html_version 3.2, latin2, unicode in Windows

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Mon Oct 23 12:54:55 CEST 2017

shige 10/23 2017
----------------

Duc A. HOANG wrote:
| Even when I use the command without space, the problem remains the same.
| Here is the output

Ok, I understand your problem.

This is a bug of latex2html only for Windows version.
On MS-Windows, latex2html program is a batch file latex2html.bat
in fact. Options to the batch file are devided, concatenated, and
passed to Perl executable program at first.

But, for batch file, the option separator is not only space, but
also comma, semicolon, and equal ('='). So, the first process of
the batch file for options translates

  -html_version 3.2,latin2,unicode

  -html_version 3.2 latin2 unicode

incorrectly.

Well, to workaround the problem, I propose that

1) modify the latex2html.bat at the line about 15657:

            # Require the option specific files
            @HTML_VERSION = split(/,/, $HTML_OPTIONS);
            foreach $ext ( @HTML_VERSION ) {

            # Require the option specific files
            @HTML_VERSION = split(/:/, $HTML_OPTIONS);
            foreach $ext ( @HTML_VERSION ) {

2) specify the option for html_version with separator colon
  instead of comma:

    -html_version 3.2:latin2:unicode

I think this is not a good solution, but may fix your problem
temporary.