[l2h] forks of LaTeX2HTML over the last 15 years

Paulo Ney DE SOUZA paulo at berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 4 20:53:11 CET 2017

Hi everyone,

LaTeX2HTML has gone in many different ways over the last 15 years because
of the lack of a centralized development space and the current version
distributed by CTAN has mostly the distributions' patches applied.

I putting a bit of work on the documentation that is sorely out-of-date,
and at a minimal make the package self-locating so it can go back to the
TeXLive distribution.

I have counted 4 sites (that I am aware of) that are doing their own
development on L2H right. I hope to check if the current files at:

    https://www.github.com/latex2html/latex2html/

are indeed derived from the last ones left by Ross Moore in 2002, and
hopefully bring all these patches in. We know so far of:

   Julius O. Smith: https://github.com/josmithiii/l2hmj
   Gordon Kindlman: http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gk/software/l2h/
   StarLink: https://github.com/Starlink/latex2html
   Leon van Dommelen: http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~dommelen/l2hfu/

Are you aware of any other parallel development on L2H. If so please let me
know ether here or by private e-mail. I'll check it and see if a merge with
the current code base is possible.

Thanks in advance,
Paulo Ney de Souza
UC Berkeley