[l2h] help with latex2html not working

Marc Shapiro -- at work marc.shapiro at acm.org
Fri Sep 2 11:46:00 CEST 2016

Shigeharu,

Thanks for the answer.

I made a copy of html.sty inside the same directory as the latex source file, so this is not the problem any more.

The problem seems more that the latex2html is not executing properly.  It spits out a whole lot of error messages (see transcript attached), and finally fails with this message:

———
Fatal (syswait): exec " ./images.tex" failed: Permission denied
 at /usr/local/bin/latex2html line 3785.

Cannot read logfile './images.log': No such file or directory
——-

Looking at line 3785, even though I don’t know any perl, it’s pretty obvious that immediate cause of the error is that the $LATEX variable is empty.  Again, not knowing perl, I don’t understand how that happened.

Could it just be that I am using the wrong version of perl or something?  I have v5.18.2 and v5.24.0 available on my machine but both give the same error.

					Marc