[l2h] big problem with images in html links. Same image is used.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Jan 17 20:01:53 CET 2013

On 01/15/2013 01:37 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> I mentioned this problem long time ago.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.latex2html/505

Hello;

Another bit of information on this problem.

This problem happens only when using the image as a thumbnail
inside hyperlink. It does not show up with doing a direct
includegraphics. Let me explain more.

Give this setup

----------------------
home/index.tex
home/A/image.png
home/B/image.png
----------------------

and in index.tex one has these 2 commands

-------------------
\href{A/image}{\includegraphics[]{A/image}}
\href{B/image}{\includegraphics[]{B/image}}
---------------------

Now the html will have the SAME thumbnail image (from folder A)
shown in both links.

But if the commands were

-------------------
\includegraphics[]{A/image}
\includegraphics[]{B/image}
---------------------

It does not matter if I call latex2html like this:

latex2html -no_reuse -subdir index.tex

or like this

latex2html -no_subdir index.tex

The problem still shows up.  May be extra information can
help some expert in l2h reading this guess where the
problem is.

ps. I am using \href above, but it is really \htmladdnormallink
There is a rename at the top that is all:
\begin{htmlonly}
   \def\href#1#2{\htmladdnormallink{#2}{#1}}  %for L2H only
   \href{../../index.htm}{home}
\end{htmlonly}

thanks,
--Nasser