[l2h] Fwd: fw: Feature Request for Latex2HTML

jos j at w3k.org
Mon Aug 5 04:54:38 CEST 2013

Hi Roland,

I just fixed this for someone else (leaving
equation-image ALT text complete instead of
shortening it), and it was easy.  In the latex2html script, I simply changed

     if ( length($alt) > 163 ) {

     if ( $ALTMAXLENGTH && length($alt) > $ALTMAXLENGTH-2 ) {

where I left $ALTMAXLENGTH undefined (for now), but implemented support for it.

Note, however, that there is a comment in the
code saying that large ALT texts can "upset the
DBM".  I am planning to try to fix this when it
bites, but so far I don't think it has.  Maybe
AnyDBM_File has evolved forward since that
comment was written?  (Fingers crossed...)

This change is in my personal fork of l2h which can be found at

https://github.com/josmithiii/l2hmj

This is a merge of the l2h versions I know about,
plus my own bugfixes, and where I plan to
implement SIMPLE_MATH using MathJax when I have
time to work on it.  Codevelopers welcome!

- Julius