[l2h] New release of latex2html?

Roland Stigge stigge at antcom.de
Thu Nov 22 17:19:30 CET 2012

On 11/22/2012 04:47 PM, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
>> Now I wonder if I should use this as the new official "upstream" version
>> to be built upon from now on? There are some doubts that I collected in
>> the above Debian bug report.
>
> the author of this revision merely said "fix warnings in perl 5.14"

... which doesn't reflect well what was actually done in this tarball
(at least compared to the last 2008 release).

> i don't have any working latex that would work with latex2html, so i
> can't claim to know whether this is a reasonable.
>
> roughly speaking, with abandonware like l2h, we merely go by the
> licence.  gpl implies (to us) that anyone can hack out a bug and
> re-release.

Yes, of course!

It would be fine if someone steps up and helps Ross (who is still
responsive and is considering including the "2012" changes into "his"
lastex2html) to work on this.

Unfortunately, there was no notice by anyone when and why a release was
done. Just need to maintain what we accept into Debian for the next few
years, and trying to prevent a mess caused by random diverging releases
by different people.

Thanks,

Roland