[l2h] Requesting sample code used in a .tex file for including animated figures, presently as .gif files, in output .pdf and/or .html files/file, et cetera

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Nov 1 02:23:41 CET 2012

On 10/31/2012 5:37 PM, Pat Somerville wrote:

> The remaining challenge for me in having the output file made was that in
> the
> output, .html file produced via latex .... and latex2html .... commands on
> my .tex file that the animations either sometimes or nearly always did not
> have time to be completed before they were automatically restarted.  The
> animations appear to have been set to continually be run and rerun as long
> as the .html file containing them was open in my Konqueror-4.8.5, release-2,
> Web browser; and
> no clicking by me was necessary to start either of those two animations.

These issues are configured at the time the animation gif
file is created. As I said, I use the free program unfreez to convert
set of gif files to one animation gif file, and in there I can set
frame delay, and if I want the animation to run continuously or not, as
you can see by this screen shot

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

So, when you generate the animation gif file using whatever software
you used, you should be able to configure these parameters. I use
firefox most of the time and did not have any problems with
animation gif files I generate.

good luck

--Nasser