[l2h] link Operation not permitted, latex2html on windows file system

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun May 6 07:35:20 CEST 2012

On 5/6/2012 12:11 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> Would it be possible for an expert to correct this by checking
> if the $(OS) is windows and bypass this whole link operation it
> is trying to do

opps, sorry, I meant to say to check if the file system
is NTFS!

The OS l2h is running on is of course still Linux in
this case (on a VBox), but the data sits on NTFS accessed
via shared folder.

One way to handle this (if it is not possible to query
the file system type, i.e. windows type vs. not) is when
l2h starts, is to try to do a symbolic link in the tmp
folder on a tmp file, and if that fails, then do not
attempt to do any more symbolic links on anything else since
this means the file system does not support this  operation.

These errors seem to be harmless for the most part. I
have not seen any bad side effect so far, at least I hope so,
but sometimes they could hide a real error message.

thanks,
--Nasser