[l2h] verbatim does not work when having a math equation nearby in a table with '+' in it.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Feb 13 02:50:41 CET 2012

On 2/12/2012 7:20 PM, Ross Moore wrote:
> Hello Nasser,
>
> On 12/02/2012, at 9:56 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
>
>> When I run this:
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>> \usepackage{html}
>> \usepackage{verbatim}
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{verbatim}test\end{verbatim}
>
>> \begin{tabular}{|l | }
>> $f(x) = x^3 d$\\
>> \end{tabular}
>> \end{document}
>> -------------------------
>>
>> It works. Expected output. Verbatim displays 'test' and
>> the math fine.
>
> Are you sure this is really all that is happening?

Hell Ross;

I am not sure I understand. Can you please elaborate?

I put the screen shot here:

http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/strange_verbatim_result/d.png

Other than the gray background (that is a separate issue, need
to resolve), it seems to have worked, in the sense that I do
see that math equation and I see the verbatim.

> But just a couple of things that might help.

> or
>
> \verb|test|

This does NOT work. I just tried it.

---------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{html}
\usepackage{verbatim}
\begin{document}
\verb|test|
\end{document}
-----------------------

latex2html t.tex

produces an empty web page. no 'test' text in it. I always had
problems getting \verb to work like this, that is what I
use \begin{verbstim} and \end{verbatim}. Does the above
work on your end? i.e generate 'test' in the HTML?

> Can you run your failing job with  -debug   within a directory
> that can be accessed across the web, and save the console messages
> into a file. Make this directory and its siblings listable, and send me
> the URL. I can then try to get an idea of what is going wrong, by
> studying the temporary files that normally get deleted.

Sure, I am working now to generate these things you wanted,
and will make new page and summarize these issues.

Please give couple of 2 hrs will be done and will give
a link.

thanks for your help.

--Nasser