[l2h] verbatim does not work when having a math equation nearby in a table with '+' in it.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Feb 11 23:56:47 CET 2012

This one is really strange. I hope that an expert can explain it.

I put a screen shot of the problem here as well:

http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/strange_verbatim_result/d.png

When I run this:

-----------------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{html}
\usepackage{verbatim}
\begin{document}
\begin{verbatim}test\end{verbatim}
\begin{tabular}{|l | }
$f(x) = x^3 d$\\
\end{tabular}
\end{document}
-------------------------

It works. Expected output. Verbatim displays 'test' and
the math fine.

But I add '+' to the equation above, like this:

-----------------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{html}
\usepackage{verbatim}
\begin{document}
\begin{verbatim}test\end{verbatim}
\begin{tabular}{|l | }
$f(x) = x^3 + d$\\    %added '+'
\end{tabular}
\end{document}

Then I lose the verbatim! and in addition, the verbatim 'test'
is replaced by the math as verbatim.

Could someone please explain what I am doing wrong? I'd like to use
\verbatim but also be able to use math, somewhere else in the document.

Both as compiled using late2html foo.tex
I am using latex2html 2008, 1.71

Am I doing something wrong in the above?

thanks
--Nasser