[l2h] best way to handle \htmladdnormallink with underscore names ?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Feb 9 14:09:11 CET 2012

On 2/9/2012 5:26 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> On 2/9/2012 12:22 AM, Ross Moore wrote:
>

>> Try swapping the loading order:
>>
>> \usepackage{hyperref}
>> \usepackage{html}
>>

>> html.sty  has coding that adjusts to what  hyperref
>> has already setup.
>>

> When I did the above, now I get this error:

> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/upsy.fd))) (./html.sty
>
> ./html.sty:39: LaTeX Error: Command \htmladdnormallinkfoot already defined.
>                  Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H<return>   for immediate help.
>
> l.39 ...htmladdnormallinkfoot}[2]{#1\footnote{#2}}
>
> putting html before hyperref removes the error.
>
> I am using:
>
> --------------------------------
> $ latex2html -v
> $* is no longer supported at /usr/local/bin/latex2html line 10588.
> Note: Loading /home/me/.latex2html-init
> Note: Initialising with file: /home/me/.latex2html-init
> This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2008 (1.71)
> by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Please ignore the above.

It seems I had a bad or different version of the html.sty on
my cygwin disk. When I booted to linux and tried the same
thing, I did not get the above error.

However, the order of the packages still makes no difference.
I get the same message about no implementation for hyperref:

$cat t.tex
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{html}
\begin{document}
\url{test}
\end{document}

$
$latex2html t.tex
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/bin/latex2html line 515.
	(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/bin/latex2html line 2087.
	(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/bin/latex2html line 9088.
	(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
Note: Loading /home/me/.latex2html-init
Note: Initialising with file: /home/me/.latex2html-init
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2008 (1.71)
Doing section links ......
Copying navigation icons ...

No implementation found for style `hyperref'
Error (Link): Link "t.htm" to "index.htm" failed: Operation not permitted
  at /usr/bin/latex2html line 871

So, no error, but the message still shows up. It seems harmless though.

ps. I do not understand what the final link error message is about.
I always see it, even on Linux and not just on cygwin.

--Nasser