[l2h] How to generate a table using latex2html without horizontal lines between rows?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Feb 9 02:23:55 CET 2012

On 2/8/2012 6:56 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> hello;
>
> I'd like to make a table, where I insert my own \hrule between
> rows when I want to, because I'd like to group some rows together,
> But l2h seems to generate horizontal  rule in the html table
> between each row even thought in latex this line is missing.
>
> Here is an example
>
> ---------- foo.tex -------
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{html}
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{tabular}{|l | l|}
> a&b\\
> c&d\\
> \end{tabular}
>
> \end{document}
> ----------------
>
> latex2html foo.tex
> pdf2latex foo.tex
>
> I see the pdf has no horizontal lines, but the html does.
>
> What is the correct way to do this in l2h?
>
> I am using 2008 v 1.71
>
> thanks,
> --Nasser

btw, the only trick I know about is to use makeimage, but this
means the hyperlinks I have inside the table are lost, since one
can not click on them any more. Here is an example:

--------------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{html}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\begin{document}

\begin{makeimage}
\begin{tabular}{|l | l| }
a&b\\
c&d\\
\url{http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/index.htm}&e\\
\end{tabular}
\end{makeimage}

\end{document}

and now the table does come up ok, with no horizontal
lines, but it is an image, and the link is not clickable
ofcourse. The whole table is rendered as image.

So I am looking for a different solution.

thanks,
--Nasser