[l2h] \verbatiminput{} support in l2h, can one use absolute file path?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Nov 24 16:13:31 CET 2010

Hello;

Using l2h 2008, I wanted to read source code into the latex document.
Since l2h does not support listings.sty, I read that one needs
to use \verbatiminput{file.txt} instead.

The above does work with l2h, but only when file.txt is in the same folder
as the latex document:

\documentclass{article}%
\usepackage{verbatim}
\usepackage{html}
\begin{document}
\verbatiminput{file.txt}
\end{document}

latex2html t.txt

OK. No error

But if I change to a path, then an error occurs:

\documentclass{article}%
\usepackage{verbatim}
\usepackage{html}
\begin{document}
\verbatiminput{G:/home/file.txt}
\end{document}

latex2html t.txt

*********** WARNINGS ***********
No file <G:/home/file.txt.tex> for verbatim input.

notice, it added the .tex extension to the file now.

>latex2html --version
$* is no longer supported at G:\LATEX\latex2html\bin/latex2html.bat line 10607.
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2008 (1.71)

>latex --version
MiKTeX-pdfTeX 2.8.3563 (1.40.10) (MiKTeX 2.8)

For now, I put all my source code files in the same folder
as my latex file to allow this to work.

Is there an easy fix for this to allow one to use an absolute,
or even a relative path for the file name?

related posting:
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2005-March/003659.html

thanks
--Nasser