[l2h] Installing latex2html with latest distros

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri Nov 19 11:45:48 CET 2010

On 11/19/2010 2:22 AM, Adin Ramirez Rivera wrote:
> Well, I download it again and it has the same files.
> For example, anytopnm is an sh script without extension; pnmflip is a perl
> script with no extension also. When I run the config.bat it complains about
> those files.
> I don't know what the problem is. And in this version if you run the pnmcrop
> version by hand it prompts 10.27.0, not 10.27 as the script expects.
> I'm not sure if you have an updated latex2html script, but the one I
> download is not working.

(ps. it helps if you do not top post, makes it hard to reply).

The above is not a problem. These files have no extensions on my
system also (windows 7).

Did you compare the log file generated from config.bat with the one
I had here?

http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/output_from_config.txt

I also got a warning on these files, you can see that  it says:

"G:\LATEX\GnuWin32\bin\pnmcrop.exe -verbose yes
checking for pnmflip... no"

so it is OK. Need to follow all the steps. to the end, and run
the install, test and then see what you get.

hth

--Nasser