[l2h] Installing latex2html with latest distros

Adin Ramirez Rivera adinriv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:26:06 CET 2010

Hi list,

I'd been trying to install latex2html with the latest distributions but I
cannot succeed.
I'm under a windows XP, using latex2html-2008 version, MiKTex2.8, GnuWin32
Netpbm 10.27.0, and GS8.54 (I tried with others too). However, I always get
errors and the images are not generated.

I got an error from the pnmcrop file

checking for pnmcrop... C:\texutils\GnuWin32\bin\pnmcrop.exe
> Argument "10.27.0" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at config\config.plline 1284
> .
> C:\texutils\GnuWin32\bin\pnmcrop.exe -verbose yes

However, I could fix this one (I guess) by modifying the config.pl file,
updating the versions because they do not support 3 digits versions.
Then I have a lot of missing files from netpbm

   - pnmflip (I think this one is creating troubles for the pictures because
   it prompts this warning: "Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate
   images with  effects."
   - ppmquant
   - picttoppm

I read somewhere that some files are depreciated now. What can I do? Any
suggestions?
I tried several tutorials and other previous step from several people
without success.
Hope to read you soon.