[l2h] TMP strikes again! TMP folder blues with latex2html on windows

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Wed May 26 10:55:30 CEST 2010

shige 05/26 2010
----------------

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org> wrote:
>> "Error: Cannot read 'img62.png': No such file or directory
>> Converting image #33
>> pstoimg.bat: Error: Ghostscript returned error status 16777215
>> pstoimg.bat: Error: Couldn't find pnm output of
>> G:\LATEX\TMP\l2h288\image033.ps"
>>
>> I never seen error 16777215. I've seen this error below before. It seems
>> to be coming from pnmcrop.exe, please see error messages below. It seems
>> to be looking for files with names such as p2668.t01 in the TMP folder
>> where images are processed. But when I look in the TMP folder, I see no
>> such files, but ones extensions .t00 (next to .pnm and .ps files).

The value 16777215 is made by pstoimg, and it means that the gs
returned the error status < 0. I think your gs failed to make the
pnm file from the PS image imageXXX.ps by some reason.

If you succeeded in making the pnm file by pstoimg.bat on your
desktop machine but not on your laptop machine, I think there are
some differences as running the ghostscript program. However, if
you succeeded in making the pnm file by hand on your desktop and
laptop machines, I don't know the reason well.

>> "pstoimg.bat: Error: Ghostscript returned error status 1
>> pstoimg.bat: Error: Couldn't find pnm output of
>> G:\texmf\tmp\l2h1716\image002.ps"
>>
>> And the fix for this was to make sure that GS_LIB environment variable
>> correctly to point to the ghostscript lib/ and font/ which I do now.

Which do you set the variable on either machine, or both
machines ? If your pstoimg.bat has the line about 'GS_LIB' like
as

 $ENV{GS_LIB} = 'G:...' unless(defined $ENV{GS_LIB});

your pstoimg.bat will change the behavior whether the variable is
defined or not.