[l2h] latex2html under cygwin

Luis Quesada l.quesada at 4c.ucc.ie
Tue Oct 27 18:47:49 CET 2009

Shigeharu TAKENO wrote:
> shige 10/27 2009
> ----------------
>
> Luis Quesada wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install latex2html under cygwin.
>> I am getting the following error:
>>

>> $ ./configure
>> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
>> checking whether #! works in shell scripts... yes
>> launching proprietary configuration...
>> Name "L2hos::Dos::SE" used only once: possible typo at L2hos/Dos.pm line 287.
>>

> I don't know well (I am not a cygwin user), the following pages
> may help you:
>
>  http://sardes.inrialpes.fr/~jphilipp/doc/latex2html-cygwin/l2h.html
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-12/msg00558.html

I tried the two recommended procedures but I still have the same problem:

$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... yes
launching proprietary configuration...

config.pl, Release 2002-2-1 (Revision 1.49)
Accompanies LaTeX2HTML, (C) 1999 GNU Public License.

checking for old config file (cfgcache.pm)... not found (ok)
checking for platform... cygwin (assuming unix)
checking for /usr/bin/perl.exe... /usr/bin/perl.exe
checking perl version... 5.010000
checking if perl supports some dbm... no
Error: Perl reported DBM error: dbmopen failed
LaTeX2HTML needs some DBM.
[1]+  Done                    emacs L2hos.pm

In fact this problem has been reported before but I have not been  able
to find any reply:
    http://www.tug.org/pipermail/latex2html/2001-September/001376.html

Anyway, thank you for replying!
Cheers,