[l2h] Some bitmapped images produced by latex2html contain solid edge at the bottom of the image

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Nov 11 08:10:59 CET 2009

On windows XP, latex2html.

Most of the problems with the installation are solved now. But there is
still this one last problem.

For some reason, SOME of the equations and math symbols, after they are
converted to bitmapped images, have a solid edge at the bottom, which shows
up as a solid black line below the equation. This only seem to affect some
equations.

The latex file contains nothing to this effect. It seems by random, some
math symbols and equations come up with this solid edge.

I've put a current document I am working on below so you can see

http://tinyurl.com/yzl7jzx

Just click on the HTML link on the page which says it was converted by
latex2html.  If you scroll down the page, you'll see these solid lines
scattered all over.  I have converted the same latex file to html using
Scientific word and using tex4ht, and these effects do not show up as you
can also see from the above page.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this also a side effect of using amsmath
package like the earlier problem I had?

Just wanted to see if someone had encountered this problem before I spend
too much more time on it.

thanks,
--Nasser