[l2h] A sum in the denominator of a fraction didn't look quite normal.

Pat Somerville l_pat_s at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 8 06:06:46 CET 2009

Thanks for responding to this issue.  However, for me in a .tex file a LaTeX
command involving \sum\nolimits... in the denominator of a fraction, after
running "latex2html.............." on the .tex file, in the so-produced
.html file did not produce a perfect-looking summation with the limits only
above and only below the summation symbol, the capital Greek letter sigma
(Instead the limits were positioned somewhat after the summation symbol,
more like where the limits following an integral sign would be.); as
suggested earlier for me, using \sum\limits.., however, was a good solution
for me to produce the good-looking summation with the limits above and below
the capital Greek letter sigma, just as they should be placed.  So this is
an example, but probably not exactly the same as mine, of what generally
worked well for me in a .tex file:

\begin{equation}
y=\sum\limits_{i=1}^n x_i
\end{equation}