[l2h] different expansion of environment

Christian maillists at gmx.de
Fri Mar 6 20:18:01 CET 2009

Am 05.03.2009 um 07:18 schrieb Ross Moore:

> On 05/03/2009, at 4:22 PM, Christian wrote:
>
>> Am 04.03.2009 um 07:44 schrieb Ross Moore:
>>
>>> So you could do:
>>>
>>> %begin{latexonly}
>>> \newenvironment{intendleft}{\begin{addmargin}{3em}}{\end{addmargin}}
>>> %end{latexonly}
>>> \begin{htmlonly}
>>> \newenvironment{intendleft}{\begin{quotation}}{\end{quotation}}
>>> \end{htmlonly}
>>
>> That worked, but if I would use "quotation" for the html expansion,
>> the text gets set in <BLOCKQUOTE> .... </BLOCKQUOTE> as you
>> mentioned.
>> That would mean, styling the "normal" quotations via CSS would also
>> change these parts. So I would prefer to apply an extra style or div
>> or something else for the HTML output to control the left margin.
>
>> Would be such a solution possible with latex2html?
>
>  \begin[leftindent]{quotation}
>  \end{quotation}

I used

\begin{htmlonly}
  \newenvironment{indentleft}{\begin[leftindent]{quotation}}
{\end{quotation}}
\end{htmlonly}

what results in the following you mentioned.

> should result in tagging:
>
>   <BLOCKQUOTE class="leftindent">
>   </BLOCKQUOTE>

But within the CSS a DIV.leftindent is created instead.

> which allows you to attach CSS style rules to the class.
> The \htmlsetstyle  command allows you to specify the CSS
> rules from within the LaTeX source.

If I use

\htmlsetstyle[BLOCKQUOTE]{leftindent}{}

latex2html creates the CSS code

BLOCKQUOTE.leftindent

what can be used for formating, but still the DIV.leftindent mus be
deleted manually.

[snip]

>> @ Algis
>> "intendleft" (now "indentleft") is a just the name of a new created
>> environment.

>>> Hope his helps,
>>>
>>> 	Ross
>>
>> Thanks