[l2h] different expansion of environment

Christian maillists at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 06:22:59 CET 2009

Am 04.03.2009 um 07:44 schrieb Ross Moore:

> Hi Christian,
>
> On 04/03/2009, at 4:52 PM, Christian wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to expand the latex environment
>>
>> \newenvironment{intendleft}{\begin{addmargin}{3em}}{\end{addmargin}}
>>
>> differently fro latex2html to get the same intend on the left side?
>
> Not without using CSS rules, if you really want to control
> the margin tightly.
>
> Assuming you mean "indent" rather than "intend", then you
> might settle for  <BLOCKQUOTE> .... </BLOCKQUOTE> in HTML.
>
> So you could do:
>
> %begin{latexonly}
>  \newenvironment{intendleft}{\begin{addmargin}{3em}}{\end{addmargin}}
> %end{latexonly}
> \begin{htmlonly}
>  \newenvironment{intendleft}{\begin{quotation}}{\end{quotation}}
> \end{htmlonly}

That worked, but if I would use "quotation" for the html expansion,
the text gets set in <BLOCKQUOTE> .... </BLOCKQUOTE> as you mentioned.
That would mean, styling the "normal" quotations via CSS would also
change these parts. So I would prefer to apply an extra style or div
or something else for the HTML output to control the left margin.

Would be such a solution possible with latex2html?

@ Algis
"intendleft" (now "indentleft") is a just the name of a new created
environment.

>> Thanks
>> Christian
>
> Hope his helps,