[l2h] latex2html and pdflatex, why do they differ?

Ed.Geerlings at shell.com Ed.Geerlings at shell.com
Tue Jan 20 15:35:46 CET 2009

HI,

When I use latex2html on

@article{gerritsma:pl:1984,
    author  = {Gerritsma, Piet and Leguyt, L. and Kuiper, Frans},
    title   = {Velocity model building: a discussion of several techniques},
    journal = {RKGR-113},
    year    = {1984}
}

@article{hubral:pk:1980,
    author  = {Hubral, P. and Krey, Th.},
    title   = {Interval Velocities from Seismic Reflection Time Measurements},
    journal = {SEG publication},
    year    = {1980}
}

I get this result:

Gerritsma

1984
    Gerritsma, P., Leguyt, L., and Kuiper, F., 1984, Velocity model building: a discussion of several techniques: RKGR-113.

Hubral and Krey1980
    Hubral, P., and Krey, T., 1980, Interval velocities from seismic reflection time measurements: SEG publication.

and when I use pdflatex this is the result:

Gerritsma, P., Leguyt, L., and Kuiper, F., 1984, Velocity model building: a discussion of several
  techniques: RKGR-113.

Hubra, P., and Krey, T., 1980, Interval velocities from seismic reflection time measurements: SEG
  publication.

Why does latex2html insert two line breaks (after the name of first author and before the year) incase a reference has more than 2 authors?
What can I do to prevent that? I want the html to be exact like the pdf output.

Best regards,

Ed Geerlings

Shell International Exploration and Production B.V.
The Hague, The Netherlands - Trade Register no. 27002688,
Address: Kessler Park 1, 2288 GS Rijswijk, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 6 1131 1985
Email: ed.geerlings at shell.com
Internet: www.shell.com