[l2h] $* no longer supported error

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:45:51 CEST 2009

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:23:45 +1000,
Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:

> Hello Seb,
> On 06/08/2009, at 11:06 AM, Seb wrote:

[...]

> No. I think that no image types have been supported in your Debian
> distribution of LaTeX2HTML --- not that there is nothing after the ':'
> where it says 'This installation supports'.

> (Also, I've seen a similar problem reported previously, though the
> actual error message was a little different.)

> Sorry I cannot advise you of what to do, as I don't use Debian at all.
> Maybe someone else will offer specific advice.

Following some leads, I found that the problems stems from a
configuration file having:

# -image_type
# This specifies the type of images produced by latex2html when processing
# unknown environments and/or e.g. math formulae.
#
@IMAGE_TYPES = qw();
$IMAGE_TYPE  = $IMAGE_TYPES[0];

So IMAGE_TYPES is empty.  Reading a bit, I managed to solve this by
creating ~/.latex2html-init with:

@IMAGE_TYPES = qw(png gif);
$IMAGE_TYPE  = $IMAGE_TYPES[0];

Strangely, this problem didn't occur in the past (I've been using
latex2html for years).

Thanks,

--
Seb