[l2h] Using a multiple-character superscript andamultiple-character subscript at the same time withanundesired horizontal displacement between them insteadofabove and below each other

Lawrence Patrick Somerville L_Pat_S at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 17:50:28 CEST 2008

Sorry, obtaining the proper arrangement of lines was more tedious than I
described earlier for method 2. Here is how Test.html looked after making
some further additions to it.

Contents of the file Test.html between the pair of dashed lines:

<head>

<title>Test base super sub

</title>

</head>

<P>

Here is some text to place on the first line with more text to come on the
second line.<BR>

Okay, just as an example the half-life was 23

style="font-size:8pt">35</span>

<P style="clear:both">

Now here is the third line after placing 'style="clear:both"' within a "P"
tag prior to <BR>

this line. This is the fourth line of text.<BR>

Following http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/help/sutra28942.html it was
necessary to insert the attribute 'style="clear:both"' within a "P" tag
after the table in order to obtain the text beginning with "Now here is the
third line.." on the third line. Also the BReak tag <BR> instead of the
Line-Break <LB> tag provided the line-breaking function I wanted; but
neither of them was used for the second, table-containing line. For that
line one should just be sure not to enter too much text in the table in
order to keep that table-containing line from looking abnormally long. Once
text in an arrangement similar to that in Test.html above and after the
"DOCTYPE"-containing line was inserted into a file of the form
MyLaTeXFile.html produced by latex2html from a file of the form
MyLaTeXFile.tex after executing the commands "latex MyLaTeXFile.tex" and
"latex2html -nonavigation -no_math -html_version 4.01,math -split 0
MyLaTeXFile.tex" and the file of the form MyLaTeXFile.html was opened in the
Firefox browser, the vertical spacing between the first and second lines was
reduced compared to in a similar situation with the file Test.html, which
was good. In Test.html inserting <BR> at the end of the first line had no
effect on the first-to-second-interline spacing in the
Mozilla-Firefox-2.0.0.14 browser. Once again using that browser a blank
space appeared at the beginning of the table-containing line when displaying
Test.html in it.

Pat