[l2h] [Fwd: Quality of Converted Images]

mark duke mark.duke at simpack.de
Tue Mar 4 17:32:42 CET 2008

One of the pics fell off

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Quality of Converted Images
Date: 	Tue, 04 Mar 2008 17:31:14 +0100
From: 	mark duke <mark.duke at simpack.de>
To: 	latex2html at tug.org
CC: 	Mark Duke <md at simpack.de>

Hi all,

I am having some problems with the quality of the png images generated
with latex2html. The images generated are often difficult to read as in
the generation process the images are scaled. In the conversion from eps
images to png images I do not want to have any changes in the
resolution, i.e. direct 1-to-1 conversion in terms of the size. Even
when  I set the scaling to 1, it still seems to scale the figures. This
is some example code:

\includegraphics[scale=1,clip]%
          {diag_props_gen_chop.eps}

This generates the followimg image:

If I reduce the scaling factor then the result is much better and
similar to the original image:

\includegraphics[scale=0.625,clip]%
          {diag_props_gen_chop.eps}

I have tried modifying the parameters in my config file, but this still
hasn't helped:
$FIGURE_SCALE_FACTOR = 1;
$DISP_SCALE_FACTOR = 1;
$EXTRA_IMAGE_SCALE = 1;

Have any of you any ideas where this additional scaling in the
conversion could be coming from? It seems to be scaling the images by
about 1.6. I would be really grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Duke                     Tel:     +49 8153 9288-27
                              E-Mail:  mark.duke at simpack.de

INTEC GmbH                    Tel:     +49 8153 9288-0
Argelsrieder Feld 13          Fax:     +49 8153 9288-11
82234 Wessling                E-Mail:  intec at simpack.de
Germany                       URL:     www.simpack.com

Simulation Software SIMPACK - Consulting - Training

Mark Duke                     Tel:     +49 8153 9288-27
                              E-Mail:  mark.duke at simpack.de

INTEC GmbH                    Tel:     +49 8153 9288-0
Argelsrieder Feld 13          Fax:     +49 8153 9288-11
82234 Wessling                E-Mail:  intec at simpack.de
Germany                       URL:     www.simpack.com

Simulation Software SIMPACK - Consulting - Training