[l2h] HTML for the Amazon Kindle

Graham Toal gtoal at gtoal.com
Tue Jan 15 15:42:25 CET 2008

Just thought y'all might be interested to know that I tried some
experiments generating pages for the Amazon Kindle using TeX and the
font metric files for the single font that the Kindle uses for html
(or at least a close approximation to the metrics, until I can extract
the actual TTFs from the device).  It looked pretty good.  I'm using
my own dvi to html driver which places every letter at an absolute
position using <div>s! :-/  (Crude but it seems to work at an
acceptable speed)

regards

Graham