[l2h] pstoimg on cygwin?

Alle Meije Wink alle_meije at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 13:03:42 CEST 2007

> The generation of "showpage" is guarded by the $epsf flag in pstoimg.
> Editing your .eps and changing the "EPSF-2.0" to "EPS-2.0" in the first
> line made pstoimg work with no problems.  It's unclear why the "showpage"
> is needed for EPSF files, though, so it would probably not be a good idea
> to remove it.  As-is, just consider the EPSF support in Cygwin's gs
> broken.

As far as I understand (?), the problem is then not in gnuplot or gs,
but in pstoimg??? If an eps/epsf file already has a showpage, why would
pstoimg add one?

I commented aout the lines for showpage (the real one as well as the
debug output one) and got the correct output for the colour EPS image
-with the correct bounding box! (or is this a precarious thing to do?)

Hope that helps, maybe for the future release of LaTeX2HTML :)

All the best
Alle Meije