[l2h] latex2html

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Dec 14 00:18:17 CET 2007

Hello James,

On 14/12/2007, at 2:57 AM, James Riechel wrote:

> Dear Professor,
>
> I love, and am using, latex2html.  Thank you!
>
> I am having one difficulty, however.  Maybe you can help.  I'd like
> to render images at 600 DPI.  latex2html, by default, renders at
> 180 DPI, and I've tried everything -- at least, I think I've tried
> everything -- to render at 600 DPI.

Run a job with -debug .
Preserve the console output from  dvips .
That should tell you which modes it is using.

Certainly you will need it to be *not* using bitmapped fonts,
but scalable PostScript fonts instead.
Otherwise it doesn't matter what resolution settings you give
to Ghostscript, you will still be limited by the resolution
of the fonts that are actually being used.

If I recall correctly, the LaTeX2HTML manual discusses this
kind of issue. Certainly LaTeX2HTML has Perl variables which
control options passed to  dvips  and Ghostscript, and may
have command-line options to determine these.
But even if there is not an appropriate option, the vales
of variables can be set within initialisation files.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au