[l2h] Anything "new"?

Amy Kidd amy at snmp.com
Wed Aug 29 15:55:07 CEST 2007

Hello!

When you try running latex2html do you get error messages?
What about it "doesn't seem to work"?

When I began using latex2html, I had to spend a lot of time trying to
figure out the command-line options to get the output that I wanted. I
noticed some packages I used weren't supported.  For example, I had used
the "newvbtm" package (to change the appearance of the verbatim blocks)
and the "shadethm" package (for theorems and examples), but latex2html did
not support the packages, so I had to change the definition of my
redefined environments. I learned that it did not support the package
by examining the screen output when latex2html was processing my file.

Also, I use conditional text and I include files by reference. I found
that to get everything to work properly, I had to make an texexpand file,
strip out the undesired conditional text using scripts, and then process
that file using latex2html. If there was a better way, I couldn't find it.

I am pleased with the result, but it did take some trial and error.
I hope your situation is much easier!

Good luck,

Amy Kidd

Technical Writer