[l2h] missing install-test file?

Erik Neumann erikn at myphysicslab.com
Sat Apr 7 22:52:49 CEST 2007

I'm trying to get latex2html working on Mac OSX.  (Is latex2html still
an actively supported package?  Seems like work on it ceased around
1999).

I downloaded what I'm guessing is the latest version of latex2html from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/latex2html/

(I picked the version called latex2html-2002-2-1)

The installation instructions at
http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/manual/support_tf.html

state that I should run something called "install-test"

BUT THERE IS NO SUCH FILE!

Or at least I don't see it.

Here are the files & directories I got:

[515:erikn ~/OpenSource/latex2html-2002-2-1]$ ls
BUGS                    XyMTeX-HTML             makemap
Changes                 config                  makeseg
FAQ                     config.bat              prefs.pm
INSTALL                 configure               pstoimg.pin
IndicTeX-HTML           cweb2html               readme.hthtml
L2hos                   docs                    styles
L2hos.pm                dot.latex2html-init     tests
LICENSE                 example                 texexpand.pin
MANIFEST                foilhtml                texinputs
Makefile.in             icons                   texlive.pm
README                  l2hconf.pin             versions
TODO                    latex2html.pin          wrapper

So, my questions are:
* where is install-test?
* why does the install documentation refer to a non-existant file?
* perhaps I picked the wrong version of html2latex?

P.S.
While I have your attention, is the following change to .bashrc the
right way to get tex to find the latex2hteml style files?

TEXINPUTS=~/OpenSource/latex2html-2002-2-1/texinputs/
export TEXINPUTS

Thanks,
-ErikN