[l2h] latex2html

Berend van Wachem berend at chalmers.se
Sat Sep 16 21:21:42 CEST 2006

Dear Christopher,

Thanks for pointing this out to me. However, the lines around the
equations (and symbols) are massive; they are as least as think as the
equations themselves. To show you what I mean, I am attachting an image
with this email.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Berend.

> Berend,
>
> I set the $MATH_SCALE_FACTOR in the .latex2html-init file.
> A value of 1.2 works for me.  It takes a bit of trial and error, but it
> is  possible to get the scaling such that the images are readable but
> the line  at the bottom is just too small to show.
>
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:56:09 +0100, Berend van Wachem
> <berend at chalmers.se>  wrote:
>
>> Dear Ross,
>>
>> Thank you for your quick response. Is there currently any active
>> development on the package?

>>> If this happens to all the images, then it is probably
>>> a problem within the calls made to  netpbm .
>>> Or it could be that an option can be added to  dvips
>>> to adjust for changes in that, since LaTeX2HTML was written.
>>>
>>> Someone on the mailing list may be able to help,
>>> if you state the particular computing platform
>>> and what versions of all the relevant software
>>> you are using.
>>

>> I found that the "problem" lies in the images.tex file that is created.
>> And equation is represented by
>>
>> {\newpage\clearpage
>> \lthtmlinlinemathA{tex2html_wrap_indisplay111}%
>> $\displaystyle \sqrt{g}_C \Delta \xi^2 \Delta \xi^1$%
>> \lthtmlindisplaymathZ
>> \lthtmlcheckvsize\clearpage}
>>
>> and the \lthtmlinlinemathA and \lthtmlindisplaymathZ cause the extra
>> lines around the equation. If I take them out, I get no lines
>> surrounding the symbols. Is there anyway I can manually adjust the usage
>> of these?
>>
>> Thanks for a great package,
>>
>> Berend.

   /\-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-=-\
   L_@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@
     | Berend van Wachem                                    |
     | Multiphase Flow Group                                |
     | Chalmers University of Technology                    |
     | Please note that my email address has changed to:    |
     | Berend at chalmers.se                                   |
     | Please make the appropriate changes in your address  |
     | list.                                                |