[l2h] Same image generation problem

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Oct 30 22:41:20 CET 2006

I just upgraded my installation. Honest, I may never do this again :)

Anyway, I have Mandriva2007.

Trying to run latex2html on a largish document fails with image
generation. I get a long list of:

Error while converting image
Converting image #16
pstoimg: Error: "/usr/bin/ppmquant -floyd 256 <
/var/tmp/l2h31148/p31309.pnm | /usr/bin/pnmtopng -interlace -trans
'gray85'  > img16.png" failed: Bad file descriptor

I've had similar problems in the not-so-distant past, but don't recall
the exact solution.

I have:

bob$ latex2html -v
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2002-2-1 (1.71)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

perdoc is installed:

perldoc -v
Ending switch processing.  Args are [] with 0 errors.
/usr/bin/perldoc => Pod::Perldoc v3.14

And it appears that I have a decently recent netpbm, etc:

bob$ pnmtopng --version
pnmtopng: Using libnetpbm from Netpbm Version: Netpbm 10.34.0
pnmtopng: Compiled Sun Aug 13 17:35:28 CEST 2006 by user "tv"
pnmtopng: BSD defined
pnmtopng: RGB_ENV='RGBDEF'
pnmtopng: RGBENV= 'RGBDEF' (env vbl is unset)

So, where do I start to debug this?

Oh, WARNINGS doesn't help with this. IIRC there is a command to generate
image generation warnings???

EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca