[l2h] Format of array of formulae

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Mon Nov 20 12:39:54 CET 2006

shige 11/20 2006
----------------

Algis Kabaila <akabaila at pcug.org.au> wrote:
> In latex2html output is very different for entries in an "eqnarray" and
> "equation".  The "equation" markup causes more or less central placement of
> the formula, whilst the "eqnarray" more or less right-justifies it.

> I take the liberty to attach a small tex file of data which, when processed,
> shows the differences very clearly.  I hope I will be forgiven for sending an

I saw your LaTeX file. I recommend you to write equations in
eqnarray environment as

 \begin{eqnarray}
 \label{eq:2}
 \bar P_{1} & = & - \bar P_{4} \\
 \bar P_{2} & = & - \bar P_{5}
 \end{eqnarray}

instead of

 \begin{eqnarray}
 \label{eq:2}
 \bar P_{1} = - \bar P_{4} \\
 \bar P_{2} = - \bar P_{5}
 \end{eqnarray}

and try to use l2h with "-html_version 4.0" option.

By the way, I think alignments of equations made by l2h are not
complete, especially in the case using fleqn option of
documentclass, which I often use. So, I made "dirty" patch
recently which modify the original behavior

 http://takeno.iee.niit.ac.jp/~shige/TeX/latex2html/fleqn/org-fleqn/index.html

 http://takeno.iee.niit.ac.jp/~shige/TeX/latex2html/fleqn/test3-fleqn/index.html

(Note: above HTML files include Japanese.)