[l2h] plastex

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Sat Nov 11 00:19:23 CET 2006

Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> writes:

> plasTeX doesn't work for me in cygwin.

It works for me on Windows 98 with Python 2.4.1, but only for a rather
simple "hello world" document:

  \documentclass{article}
  \author{Au. Thor}
  \title{Title}
  \date{\today}
  \begin{document}
  \maketitle
  Hello World!
  \end{document}

I didn't have the time to play with any more code since. It's not
unusual that you have to make a LaTeX document fit to the needs of a
converter in order to have it converted...

> The release notes for plasTeX say it "now works" with Python 2.5. Does
> this mean it does NOT work with Python 2.4.3, and that's the error? Or
> something else?

This should mean that it only worked with Python <2.5 before and was
adapted to work with Python >=2.5 now.

Regards,
Jürgen.