[l2h] Ignoring \paragraph

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Nov 10 00:01:41 CET 2006

Hello Ross,

Thank you for your prompt reply - it made my day!

On Thursday 09 November 2006 17:19, Ross Moore wrote:
> Hello Algis,
>
> On 09/11/2006, at 4:06 PM, Algis Kabaila wrote:
(snip...)
> > text.  So I would like latex2html "ignore" \paragraph moniker as
> > far as page
> > creation is concerned.
(snip...)

> Play with the  -split  command-line option,
> or the  $MAX_SPLIT_DEPTH  parameter.
>
> e.g.  look at the effect of each of
>
>     latex2html -split 4 ...other options...  filename.tex
>     latex2html -split 5 ...other options...  filename.tex
>     latex2html -split 6 ...other options...  filename.tex
>
> Keep increasing the number until you get what you want.
> (I think 6 is correct, but it may depend upon which document-class
> you are using.)
>
> You may also need to adjust  -link <num>   which controls
> the  $MAX_LINK_DEPTH  parameter, to ensure that you have
> links to the separate pages.
> The  -split <num>  and  -link <num>   are basic options which
> need to be used to control this kind of situation.
> It's actually a very common situation.

I tried it with -split 6 and it did what I needed.  As I used that from the
command line, I got more information than I had from GUI of "Kile":
*************************************
No implementation found for style `amsthm'
No implementation found for style `graphicx'

\end{titlepage} not found (ignored).
{eqnarray} does not have 3 columns, inserting blank cell
*************************************

I don't understand the "complaint" about "not found \end{titlepage}".  Not
that it matters much - the result is OK, with some glitches that were always
there (and which I will report later.)  Here is an extract from the  source
text:
*************************************
\begin{titlepage}
\maketitle

Copyright \copyright{} 2006 Algis Kabaila.  All
rights reserved.  This document is free; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
(big snip...)

\end{titlepage}
*************************************

I don't understand the "complaint" about the "No implementation found for
style `amsthm'".  Here is the snippet from the source of the title page:
*************************************
\usepackage{amssymb,amsfonts,amsthm,amsmath}
\usepackage{graphicx}
*************************************

I have not tried as yet the -link <num> option, but will do so RSN.

I am extremely grateful for your advice which has improved the result beyond
my most optimistic expectations.  I really like latex2html results, not only
because of the author's effort that it saves, but also because it imposes a
degree of uniformity between various web publications and thus makes the web
pages easier to read (no need for the reader to learn idiosyncrasies of every
author).  You are doing a really worth while job with this program!

Kind regards,

OldAl.
--
Algis Kabaila (Dr)