[l2h] ?source of latex2html example using frames?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Jun 25 23:56:42 CEST 2006

Hello Craig,

On 24/06/2006, at 4:12 AM, W. Craig Carter wrote:

> Dear Dr. Moore,
> I've been looking around for an example of
> using latexhtml using frames that I can adopt
> to my own purposes.  Optimally, I'd like some
> sections to have two parallel frames and
> others not to.

Hmm. That isn't how the  frames  module for
LaTeX2HTML is setup to work.

> Various searches haven't
> turned up anything, and I am sorry to bother
> with unsolicited email; but if you could
> point me to a working source, I'd be
> grateful.

Here's an example of a scientific paper:

     http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/GeoMath/

Extra frames are used for navigation features
and footnotes. There is only one frame for
the actual content.

All the necessary files are available for download,
once you know the full name; e.g.,

   http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/GeoMath/GeoMath.tex

Similarly there is a frames version of the LaTeX2HTML
manual, at:

    http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/manual/

The sources, Makefile, and auxiliary pieces are
available in the directory:

    http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/

> Does the lack of such examples (apparently
> for me..) indicate that this option is
> obsolete?

It's not obsolete, but it hasn't been fully
documented. Also, it may not be designed
for what you want to do.

It would certainly be interesting to try to
extend the coding in  frames.perl  to cope
with multiple content frames on a page.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au