[l2h] Another take on the 'no images' problem

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Jun 6 00:47:40 CEST 2006

Hi Christopher,

On 06/06/2006, at 4:34 AM, Christopher Willmot wrote:

> Thanks for the good docs.  I checked the troubleshooting, and the path
> passed to dvi was bog-standard stuff.
> However, the 'latex' command wasn't producing a *.dvi file!
>
> Anyone know how can I stop latex from producing *.pdf output?

Whoah. Which TeX installation are you using ?
Do you have separate executables, or scripts,
named  'latex' and 'pdflatex' ?

If not, your system should give you a
    TeX+dvips+Ghostscript  mode, that is different to the
default pdfTeX  mode.
Find out how that works.

One way to fix the problem is to have
    \pdfoutput=0
at the top of your LaTeX jobs, but there should
be an easier way to configure the same result.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au