[l2h] Tilde problem

Bob van der Poel bvdp at uniserve.com
Mon Jan 2 23:02:35 CET 2006

Thanks for the pointer, Les. After smacking the side of head a few times
the light is slowly coming on :)

Yes, a tilde is a non-breaking space. So, with

\newcommand{\path}[1]{\texttt{#1}}

I can do something like \path{\~{}/foo} and it works just fine. But, if
I use the \path{} from the url.sty file which provides some line
breaking feature (?? I really have to go check why I'm using this I
think ??) then "\" and "{}"s are printed verbatim. So, I guess I have to
use the same macro for both latex and latex2html.

Anyone have a simple solution?