[l2h] character encoding not correctly detected by brwosers

Joao Miguel Ferreira jmf at estg.ipvc.pt
Tue Feb 7 16:39:30 CET 2006

Merci bien Jean-Pierre,

As you can see:

http://212.13.32.102/~jmf/

it worked !!! thank you very much. I just commented out an Apache
directive that add's a default charset (see bellow)

#AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

and it worked !!!

For me it is quite strange that a browser chooses to use the encoding
defined by the server and ignore the encoding defined by the HTML !?!
I'm not an internet expert... do you have any comments on this... for me
to understand ?!!!!

thx

jmf