[l2h] Image conversion

Bob van der Poel bvdp at uniserve.com
Fri Oct 28 02:07:21 CEST 2005

I think I had and solved this one before ... but I'm no Perl expert ...
but, after "upgrading" my linux installation I'm getting a bunch of errors.

When converting images I get:

pstoimg: Error: "/usr/bin/ppmquant -floyd 256 <
/var/tmp/l2h31773/p31811.pnm | /usr/bin/pnmtopng -interlace -trans
'gray85'  > img1.png" failed: Bad file descriptor

Error while converting image

over and over ...

I have checked to make sure I have the prerequisites ... I did not have
perldoc (A Mandriva Powerpack 2006 install), but that is there now.

bob$ which perldoc ppmquant pnmtopng
/usr/bin/perldoc
/usr/bin/ppmquant
/usr/bin/pnmtopng

Also, I've tried to run as root and get the same errors, so I'm pretty
sure it's not a permission error.

I think there is a problem with pstoimg or some other part of the image
conversion chain. Is there a command test I can do to trace it down?

Thanks.

EMAIL: bvdp at uniserve.com
WWW:   http://mypage.uniserve.com/~bvdp