[l2h] correction concerning cropping problems

Tribulations Parallèles paratribulations at free.fr
Wed Nov 2 16:53:24 CET 2005

Thanks a lot Ross for your answer, and also to Shigeharu, because his solution
works very well: I no more obtain black bars.
By setting $DVIPSOPT = ' -E'; in my ~/.latex2html-init file, it short-circuits
the default value for this variable, that is: $DVIPSOPT = ' -Ppdf  -E'; . So,
it was really -Ppdf option that caused the problem.

> Are you using anti-aliased scalable fonts ?
> This should give good results.
>
> If you are stuck with bitmaps, then the quality is not so good.
>
> Please post a link to a page that shows the poor quality
> that you are getting. If you can make the  images.log  file
> available too, then that can help in diagnosing the problem.

Perhaps there is no problem, but I may be too demanding... In fact, when using
inline equations with fractions and indices (or exposants), the indices are
not easily readable. But I realized that it was the case on many pages using
latex2html. Can you confirm that when typesetting such equations, the display
mode is mandatory for readability?

Thanks a lot,

Julien