[l2h] Ouput of \href isn't an HTML hyperlink

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Jul 30 03:49:31 CEST 2005

Hello Travis,

On 30/07/2005, at 2:08 AM, Travis Spencer wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am trying to make hyperlinks that are active in both PDF and HTML.

\usepackage{html}

This is specially designed for LaTeX2HTML.
The  html.sty  compatibility package loads  hyperref.sty  appropriately,
when the translation program is not LaTeX2HTML, but just ordinary LaTeX
or pdfLaTeX.

> To do so, I've imported the hyperref package and made links with the
> \href command.  Here is an example from one of my LaTeX documents:
>
> \usepackage[latex2html]{hyperref}

This is a poor hack for hyperref that doesn't make full use
of the possibilities available with  html.sty  .

> For more information, check the
> \href{http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/download/onlinedocs/gdb.html}{gdb
> on-line documentation}.
>
> When I make a PDF, the links show up (ugly as all get out but that's
> another matter); however, when I run it through l2h, I get this
> warning:
>
> *********** WARNINGS ***********
> No implementation found for style `hyperref'
>
> Unknown commands: href
> Done.
>
> And the resulting HTML is this:
>
> For more information, check the
> http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/download/onlinedocs/gdb.htmlgdb
> on-line documentation.
>
> I've also tried using \hyperref's default driver, hypertex with the
> same results.
>
> Everything I've read leads me to believe that I'm doing things right.
> Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Hope the above helps you get the results that you want.

Best regards,

     Ross Moore

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au