[l2h] set different color for verbatim environment

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha at cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jan 13 17:02:53 CET 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> * Igor schrieb am 12 Jan 2005:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a lot of verbatim text in my latex-document and use
> > > 'latex2html' to produce html-files. That works fine :-)
> > >
> > > Is there a way to tell 'latex2html' that the verbatim text
> > > should have a light gray background in the html-file?
> > >
> > > And, I just saw that it is possible to make some settings in
> > > the '.latex2html'-file. Can I find any examples for that?
> > >
> > > Best Greetings!
> >
> > Try simply using
> >
> > \begin[background-color=lightgray]{verbatim}
> > \end{verbatim}
> >
> > and giving the "-html_version=4.0" option to latex2html.
>
> Thanks, but unfortunately it does not work. Even the the
> 'latex' and 'pdflatex' translation don't produce any colors
> for the verbatim background!? Do I need to have any extra
> package for that; I couldn't find any?

Hi, Fabian,

The above worked for me on my latex2html installation on Linux.  However,
that code is latex2html-specific; it won't work in regular LaTeX.  In
regular LaTeX (or pdfLaTeX), put a \colorbox around the verbatim
environment (you'll need the "color" package).  In case you don't know,
you can use the \latexhtml command to conditionalize your code.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs.nyu.edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor at watson.ibm.com

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT