[l2h] png creation

Bob van der Poel bvdp at uniserve.com
Wed Apr 27 04:44:47 CEST 2005

Ross Moore wrote:
> Hello Martin,

<snip>

> Well, if you already have .png images which you like, then you don't
> need to generate new ones. Instead use "conditional environments"
> to select the existing graphics for HTML while allowing pdfLaTeX
> to use the original vector graphic when you make PDF documents from
> the same source.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> \usepackage{html}    %  needed in the preamble
>

> %begin{latexonly}
>  \includegraphics{figures/myimage}
> %end{latexonly}
> \begin{htmlonly}
>  \htmladdimg[.... options ....]{../figures/myimage.png}
> \end{htmlonly}

I have been considering doing the same thing. But, one thing I can't
figure out is how to copy just the images I need ... example, I have a
number of images which I'll precompile in a directory, but there are
others there as well. Now, I just want latex2html to copy the images in
my latex/html file to the ./html directory as they are encountered. If
you can't do that right from latex2html, would it be possible to write
the needed image-file-names to a scratch file which could be processed
(to copy the files) as part of the make process?

Thanks.

EMAIL: bvdp at uniserve.com
WWW:   http://mypage.uniserve.com/~bvdp