[l2h] png creation

Martin Matusiak alex at juventuz.net
Wed Apr 27 01:09:04 CEST 2005

I have a document with .eps figured and I'm using lyx as my editor. So when I
compile the documents into pdf, lyx exports to .tex, epstopdf converts
all .eps images to .pdf and finally pdflatex generates the end product pdf
document.

Now, when I want an html version, I need a .png image. I can run epstopdf and
then use convert (from imagemagick) to generate a .png file from the
image.pdf.

But with latex2html, the conversion from .eps to .png is done implicitly and
the output .png file is of very meagre quality (gray background among other
things) compared to the one I get using convert manually. So I'm wondering
how I can influence the process of generating the .png image within
latex2html?

Martin