[l2h] On graphics in latex2html

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha at cs.nyu.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:00:31 CEST 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, hooklee wrote:

> ======= 2005-04-06 06:52:29 You wrote in your e-mail£º=======
>
> >On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, hooklee wrote:
> >
> >> ======= 2005-04-05 22:20:56 You wrote in your e-mail£º=======

> >> Sorry, I cannot understand what you mean.
> >> Could you please give some explanations on how should we do in this
> >> case?
> >>
> >> I have seen some previous discussions on this issue, and it was said
> >> that the graphics files have been copied to $DESTDIR$ manually.
> >> Or, one has to use -NO_SUBDIR switch to let latex2html work in the
> >> current directory.
> >>
> >> Shujun
> >
> >LaTeX looks for the \include'd .tex and .eps files in the path specified
> >by the $TEXINPUTS environment variable.  Setting TEXINPUTS in your
> >environment to something like ".:..:$DESTDIR:" (this could be done from
> >.latex2html-init) should allow the "latex" executable to find your source
> >and graphics files.  I say "should" because I haven't really tested this,
> >and won't be able to for the next few days...  Please let me know if this
> >works.
> >
> >Try adding the following code before the final "1;" in your
> >.latex2html-init:
> >
> >$ENV{'TEXINPUTS'}=".:..:$DESTDIR:$ENV{TEXINPUTS}:";
> >
> >FWIW, this should probably be fixed in latex2html itself, but the fix
> >could be something along the lines of the above...
> >HTH,
> >	Igor
> >--
>
> Thanks for your answer. I have tested this and it does not work for
> embedded graphics. It seems that ENV('TEXINPUTS') only influence how
> latex find .tex source files, not graphics files embedded via
> \includegraphics command. In my MiKTeX distribution, I notice that there
> exists a similar path called "GraphicsPath". However, after adding ".."
> into "GraphicsPath", latex still cannot load graphics in the directory
> ".." Do you know how to activate this in MiKTeX? This may be a partial
> solution to the problem of latex2html (though it cannot solve the
> problem about \graphicspath).
>
> regards,
> Shujun

ISTR hearing that MiKTeX doesn't support TEXINPUTS at all.  You may be out
of luck here...  Sorry.  I'd be glad to be proven wrong, though.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs.nyu.edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor at watson.ibm.com

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT