[l2h] no math in tableofcontents is tableofchildlinks an alternative?

Peter Morling pmorling at nat.sdu.dk
Mon May 10 13:22:31 CEST 2004

Hi

I can't get math in the contents-lines when using \tableofcontents, e.g.

\section{This is a math $\frac{1}{2}$ test}

will result in "This is a math test" however i did expect "This is a math ½
test". But, if I change to the \tableofchildlinks then it seems to work
correct for the (will only show table-of-child-links in html) and I get the
math in the titles in html. Is that the meaning with \tableofchildlinks? Why
doesn't \tableofcontents support math?

So, when im going to insert a \tableofcontents the next time i'll use:

\html{\tableofchildlinks}
\latex{\tableofcontents}

Will this be safe?

Best,
Peter

Programmer Peter Morling, University of Southern Denmark
Department of Statistics, Sdr. Boulevard 23A, DK-5000 Odense C
Phone (+45) 6550 3399